Monday, January 15, 2007

It could only be more worthless if it were Canadian Monopoly money.

Draw? No.

Monopoly?

CRUSHED. Friday after work I headed over to Anime Pavilion to play some Monopoly. Turned out no one but the store manager, Mike, and my friend, Steve, could play. But it was more than enough to allow the beatings to commence; Steve dominated 3 out of 4 games.

I will refer to it as "Game 3", was a complete embarrassment. A mere 40 minute into the game me and Mike were left with 3 mortgaged properties each and no cash or dignity in hand. Threats of knee-pipings were flying.

We tried to play again Saturday night, but we just ended up sitting around the board constantly referring to Baltic Avenue as Hooker Town. Apparently in a couple of weeks we are going to try and do midnight Scrabble instead.

Anime Fest 2?

I was shocked at the amazing interest when I think a record 3 people showed to this thing. Why does Steve even run these?

Even though I dragged my computer over there, they were more interested in what shows I downloaded than watching anything. Actually, what they seemed most interested in was I let this dude try out Trauma Center on my DS, and he ended up playing it for like an hour and half. After he turned it off he said he was going to buy a copy after we were done. OH, I gotten to a mission in Trauma Center that is RETARDEDLY hard, or maybe I just suck ... but you can see the mission I'm on, in this YouTube video. Oh, and if you are wondering I'm not playing it like that.

Later that night a couple of us played the VS. mode in Big Brain Academy. I think Steve and one of his employees are hooked; both of them asked me later how much it was to get a DS. I think we might actually try and do the DS tournaments at the store because Mike is a gamer mostly. I have no idea though how to advertise this thing. Hm, found out also there is an unsecured wireless you can pick up at the shop.

Movies?

SO, I didn't have to torch anything this weekend; Pan's Labyrinth finally came out at the theater down the street. It was good, very good. I mean it wasn't award winning, but it was everything I wanted and some. Shocked to find out the dude who made it, made Blade II. GAHHHH, so bad.

I had its bad parts. I couldn't tell if the main girl was just "I'm dumb because I'm young." or "I'm dumb because I'm an idiot."

Anything else?

My computer and router got hosed by some internet virus. I spent most of yesterday cleaning up my computer, and my router I don't even know if that's working. But I'm completely hijacking the internet because Burning Crusade out tonight! I'm prepared to spend a ridiculous amount of time playing it, with all my nerd fervor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home