Thursday, August 23, 2007

"Bring me $20 worth of huevos. INMEDIATAMENTE!"

What the hell have you been up to since March 24, 2007 ???

"GET THAT CORN OUT OF MY FACE!" No, really how am I suppose remember the things I have done in that time? Well, I don't need to remember ... I'm pretty sure it was just playing WoW and going to work. Life has been pretty lame for these many months and that's how I like it.

Anything Memorable?

Out of all this time away, I think the most memorable thing that has happened is I played like the world's shortest game of Risk. We started playing at 9:30 and the world was completely dominated by 11:40.

"Two hours and ten minutes? That doesn't seem fast at all ..." "SHUT UP! You have never played Risk!" I deny that a normal game of Risk takes any less than 27 hours to complete, THAT is the bare minimum. I would normally set aside 37 hours just to play a single game, and most of the time that is not enough.

Who won? Me of course ... What was the secret of my success? Easy. Giving really bad advice to people who aren't me, and most importantly after they do what I suggested, not going ... "OH man, I can't believe you just did that . . . suckerrrrrrrrrrrrrr."

I do hope I get to play another game of Risk before the summer is out but I think one of our key players, Amanda, is back to school at MIT. I was just next to MIT last weekend. I guess I could have just rolled up in there and been like . . .

I guess that's why I didn't because I got nothing witty to say. It would have been a completely wasted to trip. I would have like showed up ... maybe shrugged and said, "These buildings look much nicer from the outside." She would have been, "Is that it? You traveled this far just for that? Loser!" Obviously around then I would feel bad ... man, how about this fake scenario has blown up in my face. I should really think these fantasies through before continuing with my thought. In retrospect in my head as I walking down the hall thinking I should have said, "The only "loser" here is your face."


Other Risk Highlights:

1. Wondered if it would be possible to phone-in a game of Risk while driving through the midwest.

2. When I took over Australia from Great Britain by way of Kamchatka.

3. I thought maybe we should play team Risk only because I wanted to call my team, Team Half-Alaska. I laughed for days over the name, why? Because one dude is from Alaska and I am not. Do you not see the genius?

4. This dude John. After starting the game in Africa, he eventually took over South America and called it "South Africa". Not hilarious. But hysterical when he started moving into North America in hopes of taking it over and calling it "North South Africa". Also, called this guy's three remaining troops "Delta Force Ural".

Anything Else?

Not really? I mean I did other stuff but I don't want to write about it. Will I continue to write at all? Who knows?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home